How to Apply
Apply directly to the current job posting(s) you are interested in. General applicants interested in working at Westrans are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com subject line "General Application".
Complete the application form below by typing the title of the job that you are applying for into the subject line. Please include your resume (required) and cover letter (optional) as attachments. You may also have the option to upload any other required attachments that were specifically requested on the posting.
The timeframe for filling a position depends on a number of factors, including the number of applications received. Only candidates selected for interviews or further assessment will be contacted.
When you have successfully submitted your resume online, a notice will appear stating ‘You have successfully submitted your job application’.
We’ve been building customer relationships based on quality, support, and reliability. Our ongoing success can be credited to having the best employees in the business, some who have been with Westrans for 15, 25, or even 35 years. Westrans offers our employees competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package, including pension benefits. Our employees work out of locations in Winnipeg and Regina in a variety of roles, including parts sales representatives, mechanics, delivery drivers, warehouse workers, and administrative roles. If you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career in a welcoming and supportive environment, a career at Westrans could be for you. Find out more by viewing our current opportunities.
Production Line Workers perform tasks that are necessary to the production process. They aid in the fabrication, maintenance, and repair of component parts and products. They must also maintain tidy work areas and follow detailed instructions in order to meet safety and quality requirements.
Production Line Workers must have an aptitude for mechanics and an eye for detail. Their function is to ensure that all parts and products under their care are in proper working order and meet Westrans quality standards and that of the heavy-duty parts industry.
Westrans remanufactures many different parts such as drive shafts, differentials, clutches, power steering gears, transmissions, transfer cases, and much more. Our remanufacturing work goes beyond basic repair; it involves dissembling parts to its core and rebuilding it until the part meets or exceeds the performance of a new part that was originally installed in the vehicle.
Production Line Workers should also be team players who are willing to work with those in their assigned groups.
- Prepping, grinding, drilling, and machining different parts.
- Rebuilding drive shafts, differentials, and other parts as needed.
- Estimating costs of repairs.
- Work with other members of the line or group in order to complete parts or units.
- Work on the production line with consistent speed and accuracy.
- Meet all safety requirements of the company and industry.
- Ability to use reason to solve problems as they arise.
- Perform general warehouse duties.
- Mechanically inclined and comfortable working with and around different machinery.
- Knowledge of measuring tools as well as basic math.
- Welding is considered an asset.
- Must be comfortable with using large machinery and pneumatic tools.
- Have your own hand tools – preferred.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Be in good physical health with the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks while sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
Westrans Company is a leading remanufacturer and supplier of heavy-duty truck parts. We are looking to hire an energetic Picker to assist us in preparing orders for shipping and delivery. The Picker will utilize requisitions and order sheets to pick a wide variety of items by following specific instructions and arrange items for delivery. The Picker will check items for damage, and confirm correct items and quantities are selected. You will perform duties in accordance with standard operating instructions, and ensure inbound and outbound shipments are correct and defect-free.
To ensure success in this position, you will need to perform with a high level of accuracy. Top candidates will be upstanding, organized, and are able to thrive under pressure.
- Ensuring work areas are kept clean, neat and well-organized.
- Picking orders as required for customers and inter-branch transfers.
- Packing incoming stock away as well as stocking parts in our store front displays.
- Confirming accuracy of orders and signing pick tickets to confirm.
- Ensuring correct delivery or shipping information is attached and moving completed orders to loading area.
- Loading and unloading trucks by using totes, jacks, and hand-bombing.
- Complying with CCOHS and other safety regulations.
- Complete deliveries/ cover for drivers when needed.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence and current driver’s abstract.
- 1+ years work experience in a similar role.
- Ability to handle competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse range of people.
- Knowledge of automotive and/ or heavy-duty parts industry is an asset.
- Physically agile and dexterous.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Proficient organizational skills.